Simple Homemade Beef & Egg Empanadas
Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
The golden brown crust of these Beef & Egg Empanadas will have you coming back for more. Let’s learn how to make them.
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ onion diced
- 1 small bunch of green onions sliced
- 1 hard-boiled egg diced
- 2 tbsp green olives sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ egg white beaten
- ½ egg yolk beaten
- 18 ounces empanada dough store-bought
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the ground beef and all the spices in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Over medium heat, heat a pan and melt the butter. Add and sauté onion until translucent.
- Then, add the ground beef. Cook until brown in color. Season with salt and pepper. Remove excess fat. Remove from heat and top with green onion. Let it cool and refrigerate again for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the empanada dough by laying it flat on the kitchen top or baking mat. Use a cookie cutter or the mouth of the glass in cutting the dough.
- Place the beef filling in the center of each round dough. Top it with boiled egg and olives and then fold the dough into half.
- Brush the edges of the dough using egg white and use fork to crimp all the edges and seal it.
- Place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once you finished all the dough and filling. Brush the top of empanada with egg yolk.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes until the empanada is golden brown.
Get Foodie Deals
We collect great foodie-focused deals from across the web daily. Get yourself or your favorite foodie a great deal at big name stores.