Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
A pot of aromatic chili bubbling on the stove is a real treat to thaw yourself after a day spent outside in wintry weather. What makes a true, traditional pot of chili remains open to debate — it often includes an array of peppers, meat, tomatoes, beans, and spices. There are many traditions and recipes applied to whipping together the best pot of chili. If you’re unsure what to mix into your pot of chili, consider reading our list of the best chili cookbooks.
- Hello! 365 Chili Recipes
- Texas Jack’s Famous Chili Recipe Book
- Hello! 165 Slow Cooker Chili Recipes
- Gourmet Chili Cookbook
- Oh! 808 Homemade Chili Recipes
- The Chili Cookbook
- Chili Lovers Cookbook
- Soups Stews & Chilis
- 35 Chili Recipes – World’s Best Chili Cookbook
- Winning Chili Recipes
- Chili Cookbook: Easy and Delicious Chili Recipes
- Chili Slow Cooker: 50 All-Time Favorite Easy and Delicious Chili Slow Cooker Recipes
- The Terlingua Chili Cookbook: Chili’s Last Frontier
- The Chili Cookbook: Easy and Tasty Recipes of the Southwest
- Jane Butel’s Chili Madness: A Passionate Cookbook
Chili is a go-to dish in chilly weather. However, creating a memorable pot of chili may seem daunting without a trusted recipe.
While the origins of chili are concealed in mystery, show-stopping recipes do not have to remain hidden.
Our guide to the best chili cookbooks includes “traditional” recipes, gourmet-style chili, and recipes with a daring touch of imaginative appeal. Look at the 10 best chili cookbooks to craft a rich, spicy, well-seasoned pot of chili.
- Total Recipes: 365
- Total Pages: 217
- Recipes Preview: Rhubarb Chili; Sarah’s Incredible Turkey Chili; Amazing Hawaiian Chicken Chili; Zippy Pork Chili Verde; Low-Calorie Vegan Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Zippy Pork Chili Verde
Hello! 365 Chili Recipes by Ms. Soup is the best chili cookbook on the shelf for beginners. The recipes are all-forgiving, creating room for slight errors and substitutes.
Ms. Soup likes creating slow-simmered combinations of comforting chilis, soups, and stews that you can mix together at affordable prices. In addition, the cookbook contains a vast collection of traditional to unconventional dishes.
- Total Recipes: 47 chili recipes and 111 bonus recipes
- Total Pages: 149
- Recipes Preview: Texas Bowl of Red; Chile Bean; Chile-Con-Carne
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Texas Bowl of Red
Dennis Waller is a best-selling author well-known for his Texas Jack’s Famous Chili Recipe Book. The cookbook features 28 ultimate chili recipes, including the recipe for the famous “Texas Bowl of Red” made at the Terlingua Chili Cook-off. Texas Jack also diverts into the details of folklore and knowledge regarding chili creations.
Texas Jack includes the best chili-con-carne recipes but takes vegetarians into consideration with delightful vegetarian chili recipes. He also adds delicious sides to pair with your pot of chili.
- Total Recipes: 165
- Total Pages: 110
- Recipes Preview: Amazing Hawaiian Chicken Chili; Atomic Canuck Chili; Autumn Pumpkin Chili; Barbequed Beef Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Atomic Canuck Chili
Ms. Soup’s “Hello! 165 Slow Cooker Chili Recipes” is another fantastic chili cookbook for beginners. The book is filled with chili recipes infused with healthy ingredients and easy cooking methods.
Most recipes are made using a slow cooker but can be adjusted to prepare over a flaming stovetop. Enjoy making these forgiving recipes for your friends and family.
- Total Recipes: Over 50 chili recipes and over 30 salsa recipes
- Total Pages: 166
- Recipes Preview: Alligator Chili; Moose Chili; Really Easy Rainbow Chili; Chili Plobano Pie; Arcadian Eight Bean Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Arcadian Eight Bean Chili
Michael Bové is a veteran of the Vietnam War era that fell in love with creating different gourmet chili recipes. As a result, he comprised a cookbook featuring over 100 pages of mouth-watering chili recipes for chili lovers.
Michael’s recipes divert from the everyday chili recipes found in most cookbooks. Instead, he prefers featuring unique ingredients and methods that take a bowl of chili to a new level.
- Total Recipes: 808
- Total Pages: 1,476
- Recipes Preview: Drunk Deer Chili; Three Bean Taco Chili; Caribbean Dream Chili; Hearty Chipotle Bison Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Venison Bacon White Chili
Janis Walker covers a range of 808 fantastic chili recipes in her Oh! 808 Homemade Chili Recipes cookbook. The cookbook includes a variety of tasty recipes that range across different cultures. The recipes are easy to make and super forgiving.
The recipes include con-Carne alternatives, including beef brisket, ground beef, pork loin, chicken breast, and pulled pork recipes. It also includes yummy vegetarian-friendly options.
- Total Recipes: Over 60
- Total Pages: 200
- Recipes Preview: Red Chile with Beef; Chili Queen Chili; Pork and Whiskey Chili; White Chicken Poblano Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: James Beard’s Pot Roast Chili
The Chili Cookbook, created by the three-time award-winning author and Americana expert Robb Walsh, is a cookbook devoted to being family-friendly.
The cookbook deeply dives into chili’s historical traces and cooking techniques. In addition, Rob Walsh has spent many hours recreating over 60 mouth-watering chili recipes to satisfy your cravings.
The cookbook features chili recipes perfect for hearty family dinners or slathered over a hotdog or burger with friends. The recipes include con Carne alternatives, including beef, venison, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork, or shrimp recipes. It also includes vegetarian-friendly options.
- Total Recipes: Over 100
- Total Pages: 128
- Recipes Preview: Mama’s Three-Bean Chili; Buzzard’s Breath Chili; Chili a la Super Creole
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Buzzard’s Breath Chili
Al and Mildred Fischer released the Chili Lovers Cookbook in 1978, containing chili recipes and food recipes with chilis. In addition, the cookbook features prize-winning chili cook-off recipes, ranging from mild to fiery dishes.
Your shelf of chili recipes will forever remain lacking without adding the Chili Lovers Cookbook to the list. You’ll love scanning through over 100 mouth-watering chili recipes.
- Total Recipes: Over 200
- Total Pages: 368
- Recipes Preview: Fajita Chili; Acorn Squash Chili; Fish Chili with Beans; Five Pepper Chili; Lone Star State Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Five Pepper Chili
Cook’s Illustrated is a renowned America’s Test Kitchen brand created by over 60 passionate chefs who collaborate to fool recipes that will exceed your expectations.
The Soups Stews & Chilis cookbook offers 200 recipes, including delicious broths, soups, and chilis. Use their cookbook to turn everyday ingredients into a yummy chili bowl in the heart of winter.
- Total Recipes: 35
- Total Pages: 47
- Recipes Preview: One Pot Chili; Crock Pot Cowboy Chili; Zucchini Chili; Steak Chili; Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Crock-Pot Cowboy Chili
Susanne, the Hillbilly Housewife, is passionate about sharing the best resources and chili recipes with families with limited time, money, and energy. She also aims to add a touch of fun and creativity to these frugal dishes.
Susanne shares 35 well-rounded chili recipes in her chili cookbook. Whipping up one of her unique recipes will ensure your family goes to bed with a smile and a full belly.
- Total Recipes: 41
- Total Pages: 89
- Recipes Preview: Hearty Home-Style Chili; Award-Winning Texas Chili; Famous Tailgate Chili; Aloha Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Grilled Steak Chili
Bonnie Scott is a famous author of dozens of creative recipe books, including the Bestselling in Jars series and Cookie Indulgence recipe book.
Chili is a simplistic dish favored by people across the globe. As a result, Bonnie wrote The Winning Chili Recipes book with a list of 36 surprising ingredients that will take your next chili cook-off to a whole new level.
- Total Recipes: 30
- Total Pages: 97
- Recipes Preview: Creamy Vegetarian White Chili; Blue Ribbon Chili; Vegan Black Bean Chili; Five Alarm Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Vegan Black Bean Chili
Barbara Riddle will take you on a spicy and hearty culinary journey with her Chili Cookbook. The cookbook features 30 easy and delicious chili recipes that use most food groups.
The best part about Barbara Riddle’s cookbook is that you can tweak the recipes to suit your palate and lifestyle. In addition, most recipes are suitable for slow cookers and high flame stovetops.
- Total Recipes: 50
- Total Pages: 124
- Recipes Preview: Chili with Bean and Chocolate; Pulled Chili Pork; Chunky Chicken Chili; Turkey Chili to Please; Gran Ma’s Vegetarian Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Chili with Bean and Chocolate
Daniel Jones takes his readers on a thrilling culinary experience with 50 favorite chili slow cooker recipes.
The recipes range from classic chili recipes to exotic creations with mind-blowing twists. There’s truly something to suit everyone’s taste buds. Most of Daniel’s recipes are cooked in the slow cooker to allow the flavors to develop and infuse fully.
- Total Recipes: Over 50
- Total Pages: 180
- Recipes Preview: Winning Competition Chili; Chili for Brisk Fall Nights at Home; Chuck Wagon Chili for Camping
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Winning Competition Chili
The Terlingua Chili Cookbook: Chili’s Last Frontier by Tiffany Harelik is an exciting cookbook of Terlingua-inspired chili recipes.
The compelling, non-traditional cookbook also features the fascinating history and unique details of the desert Terlingua community and tips to make chili dishes in the most rustic way.
- Total Recipes: 21
- Total Pages: 53
- Recipes Preview: Flatlander Chili; Paleo Chili; Oktoberfest Chicken Chili; Buffalo Chickpea; Bulgar Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Oktoberfest Chicken Chili
The Chili Cookbook: Easy and Tasty Recipes of the Southwest by Savour Press is noteworthy. It is filled with southwestern ingredients and flavors to provide its readers with healthy and simplistic ways to prepare a pot of chili.
Join Savour Press as they usher the tantalizing secrets of creating the best chili dishes at home.
- Total Recipes: Over 160
- Total Pages: 208
- Recipes Preview: White Lobster Chili; Moroccan Chili; Buzzard’s Breath Chili
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: White Lobster Chili
Jane Butel is a leading American Southwestern cuisine writer. She is famous for her easy-to-understand recipes and instructions. Jane has authored over 20 cookbooks, including several best sellers.
Jane continues to spice up America with delicious recipes with a rich touch of history and culture. Her revised Chili Madness cookbook is a spicy bestseller featuring over 160 irresistible recipes. So join the chili madness and start cooking Jane’s creative and unexpected chili recipes.