Decadent Chocolate Granola
Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Perfect for a filling and quick breakfast, this granola packs a punch of chocolate and sweetness. Let’s learn how to make it.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 6 ½ tbsp wheat germ
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 2/3 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chunks chopped
- Assemble and check your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Toss rolled oats, salt, wheat germ, cinnamon powder, and coconut flakes in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, add vanilla extract, olive oil, and honey. Mix until well combined. Add this mixture to the rolled oats mixture.
- Spread the granola to the baking sheet and place inside the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until toasted. Stir halfway through to cook evenly.
- Now, add raisins right away and toss until well combined. Allow it to cool.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chunks and toss it with granola.
Notes & Tips
- Make sure to place on the middle rack to avoid burning.
- Do not add the chocolate if the granola is still hot, it may become a mess.
- Let the granola cool down before adding them to storage containers to avoid moisture which can breed harmful bacteria over time.
- Using parchment paper or another non-stick cover is vital to avoid sticking.
- It’s easy to switch up the spices like using nutmeg or coconut oil in this if you want to switch it up.
- Adding freeze dried fruits like blueberries or raspberries are a good way to add more fiber.
Get Foodie Deals
We collect great foodie-focused deals from across the web daily. Get yourself or your favorite foodie a great deal at big name stores.