Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion small diced
- 8 frozen meatballs
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ tbsp tomato paste
- 200 ml passata
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp oregano
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 5 leaves of fresh basil roughly chopped
- 75 g spaghetti
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions to the pan and saute until it gets translucent. Add the frozen meatballs and garlic to the pan, and saute for a few minutes.
- Then add the tomato paste, passata, water, spices, sugar, vinegar, and basil to the pan and cook them together. When the sauce is boiling, add the spaghetti to the pan. Close the lid and cook for about 10-12 minutes according to package instructions, stirring occasionally.
- When the pasta is cooked thoroughly, turn off the heat.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves on top.
Tips, Notes & Substitutes:
You can make this classic dish with just a few simple ingredients. Here are a few tips and tricks for making the best one-pan spaghetti and meatballs:
- You can serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
- Try using homemade meatballs to increase even more taste. Just be sure to saute them until they’re cooked through before adding the pasta and sauce.
- You can use any type of meatballs for this recipe, beef, pork, and even turkey meatball.
- You can use a jarred marinara sauce instead of passata.
- Just be sure to simmer the sauce for a while so the flavors can meld together. To make this dish even more flavorful, I like adding a red wine splash to the sauce.