Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
- Tomato paste
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- 1 baguette bread
- 6 tbsp homemade pizza sauce or store-bought pizza sauce
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Topping option 1:
- 24 slice of pepperoni
- 1 green bell pepper or 3 cubanelle pepper thinly sliced
Topping option 2:
- 6 cherry tomatoes thinly sliced
- 5 sprigs fresh basil leaves
Topping option 3:
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp sliced black olives
- 6 tbsp sweet corn
- ⅓ red bell pepper
- ⅓ green bell pepper
- ⅓ yellow bell pepper
- Mix all the pizza sauce ingredients in a bowl until it’s homogeneous then set aside.
- Slice the baguette into three logs. Slice a baguette logs in half lengthwise. You will get 6 pieces of baguette pizza base.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the non-crust side of the baguettes. Spread the pizza sauce on them, then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top.
- Transfer the pizza baguette bases into the baking tray lined with waxed paper. Choose one of the topping ideas and place those ingredients on the mozzarella.
- Bake until the mozzarella cheese completely melted and it’s slightly crunchy for about 12 minutes at 190°C/375°F preheated oven.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, drizzle the olive oil on top for option 2 and 3. If you choose mozzarella and tomato topping, add fresh basil leaves. Serve warm.
Tips, Notes & Substitutes
- One of the best things about this recipe is that it is adaptable.
- You can choose one of the topping choices you want or add new ingredients. Don’t choose just one to make Pizza Baguette.
- Try many different options in batches at the same time and decide your favorite.
- Before adding the other toppings, brush the bread with olive oil to prevent it from being soggy. Then bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Cooking the pizza sauce in a small pot while stirring it at the boiling point for a few minutes can make your pizza baguettes even crispier. You will obtain a thicker pizza sauce as a result of allowing the water to evaporate. As a result, your baguettes won’t be as mushy.