Homemade Pizza Muffin
Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Pizza Sauce Ingredients:
- Tomato paste
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
Homemade Pizza Dough Ingredients:
- 2 cup 250 g flour
- ¾ cup 180mL water
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp olive oil
Pizza Muffin Ingredients:
- 1 cup homemade pizza sauce or store-bought pizza sauce
- 320 g store-bought pizza dough or homemade pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 cherry tomatoes thinly sliced
- 5 sprigs fresh basil chopped
- 3 slices bacon
- 5 portobello mushroom thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp black olives slices
- Mix all the pizza sauce ingredients in a bowl until it’s homogeneous then set aside.
- To make pizza dough, mix the flour, water and yeast then knead them. Then add the olive oil and salt and continue to knead.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Brush the 2/3 of the pizza sauce and sprinkle the 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese and bacon slices over the rolled-out pizza dough.
- Roll the dough along the long side, when the end comes, press the ends slightly to stick together the dough.
- Cut the log into 2.5 cm/1-inch pieces. Transfer the pieces to the non-stick spray-oiled muffin tin. Slightly press the pieces on top.
- Brush the remaining pizza sauce then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the muffins.
- Scatter the tomato, black olives, and mushroom slices on top of the muffins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 190°C/375°F preheated oven.
- After the cooking process is complete, remove the muffin tin from the oven, drizzle the olive oil on top. Sprinkle some chopped basil leaves on top.
- Serve slightly warm.
Tips, Notes & Substitutes
- This recipe, which works with a 12-hole muffin tin, can also be prepared in a 24-mini hole tin for the ideal bite size.
- Pizza muffins are a delightful and convenient way to enjoy a traditional pizza flavor in a personalized, portable muffin.
- Feel free to use your preferred store-bought pizza dough for the muffins since you can use any sort of pizza dough.
- You can add as many toppings as you like, but don’t overdo it otherwise the muffins will be difficult to eat.
- Although they taste best when served warm and fresh, these muffins can be warmed up if required.
- The recipe can be modified slightly if desired. Simply omit the bacon from the recipe and substitute vegan mozzarella, and the dish will be vegan.
- Use a gluten-free pizza dough or a low-carb pizza flour, such as oat flour, for a version that is free of gluten.
- Take these suggestions to heart and enjoy your pizza muffins!
Get Foodie Deals
We collect great foodie-focused deals from across the web daily. Get yourself or your favorite foodie a great deal at big name stores.