Best Pizza Quesadilla
Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Pizza Quesadillas are a fun and easy way to make a quick pizza. Here are some tips, notes and substitutes to help you make the best quesadilla possible.
- Tomato paste
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- 2 large corn tortillas
- 4 tbsp homemade pizza sauce or store-bought pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 slices of pepperoni
- ½ red onion sliced into rings
- 10 slices of pickled jalapeno
- 1 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 tbsp sweet corn
- 2 sprigs of basil only leaves, chopped
- Mix all the pizza sauce ingredients in a bowl until it’s homogeneous then set aside.
- Put the corn tortilla into the pan on the low-heat, Spread the pizza sauce on the tortilla.
- Scatter the shredded mozzarella cheese on the pizza sauce. Place the pepperoni slices, red onion slices, pickled jalapeno slices in order. Scatter the black olive slices and sweet corn on them. Finally, sprinkle the chopped basil leaves on top.
- Cover the other tortilla on the pizza ingredients and lightly press on top. Continue cooking on low heat for another 2-3 minutes. Check the cooked side, you can be sure that the cheese is melted when small brown spots appear on this side.
- When the cheese is melted, cover a flat plate on the quesadilla and hold the plate on top of the pan and turn the pan upside down. Transfer the quesadilla back to the pan on low heat and continue cooking.
- When brown spots form on the other side, remove from the heat and divide it into 6 equal parts and serve hot.
Tips, Notes & Substitutes
- If you don’t have mozzarella, you can use cheddar instead, or you can combine the two. For an additional protein boost, try adding some cooked sausage, ham, or birria (if you can get it) to your quesadilla.
- You can add some chopped bacon to your quesadilla if you want it to have a little bit of crunch.
- Use your imagination while choosing toppings!Your quesadilla can include pretty much any toppings that are usually on a pizza.
- Quesadillas that are left over can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a day. All you need to do is reheat in the microwave or a skillet over medium heat.
Get Foodie Deals
We collect great foodie-focused deals from across the web daily. Get yourself or your favorite foodie a great deal at big name stores.