Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cup pizza flour
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 3 tbsp colorful pepper sliced
- 3 tbsp pepperoni small diced
- All ingredients ready? Let's begin!
- Knead all the dough ingredients in a stand mixer with a hook attachment, or knead with your hands until it gets smooth dough consistency. Set aside for about half an hour.
- Roll out the dough into a 10"/25 cm * 16"/40 cm rectangular shape on a clean surface.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the pizza dough. Sprinkle the grated cheese on it.
- Scatter the pepper slices and pepperonis on it.
- Roll the dough by the longer side. Cut off the hollow parts at about ½”/1 cm on both sides. Slice the log into 10 with a sharp knife.
- Place the pizza rolls in an air-fryer basket lined with waxed paper.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 200°C/390°F; turn them over halfway.
Tips, Notes & Substitutes:
Pizza rolls are a quick and easy snack you can make in an air fryer. Here are a few tips to make the perfect pizza rolls:
- You can use pizza dough that is already rolled out. This will make it easier to roll up the rolls.
- Fill the rolls with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Be sure to flip them halfway through cooking. This will help to ensure that the pizza rolls are baked evenly.
- If you do not use waxed paper, be sure to grease the air-fryer basket, this will prevent it from sticking. Or you can use air fryer accessories like a pizza pan.
- Overcooking them can cause them to become dry and tough. Check the pizza rolls a few minutes before the recommended time. The size of the air fryer can also affect the cooking time. If the cheeses are golden brown, they are done.
- It is essential to let the pizza rolls cool for a few minutes before serving.
- You can use your own favorite pizza sauce. Marinara sauce is also an excellent substitute.