Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
If you’re craving pizza, make these Pizza Toasts. This is a great way to get kids in the kitchen and trying new vegetables, and it also makes a great quick lunch or after-school snack because you can customize it with any pizza toppings.
- Tomato paste
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- 4 slices of toast bread
- 1 cup homemade pizza sauce or store-bought pizza sauce
Topping Option 1:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices of pepperoni
- ½ red onion sliced
Topping Option 2:
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs of basil only leaves, chopped
- Mix all the pizza sauce ingredients in a bowl until it’s homogeneous then set aside.
- Spread the pizza sauce on each slice of the bread, then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella or place the mozzarella ball slices on the pizza sauce.
- For the first topping option, place pepperoni on top of shredded mozzarella then scatter the red onion slices on it.
- For the second topping option, place the tomato slices on top of the mozzarella slices.
- Transfer the breads into the baking tray lined with waxed paper. Bake until the mozzarella cheeses completely melted for about 10 minutes at 190°C/375°F preheated oven.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, drizzle the olive oil on top of the pizza toasts. Sprinkle the chopped basil leaves on the pizza toasts with mozzarella slices and tomatoes.
Tips, Notes & Substitutes:
- Enjoy your pizza toast hot out of the oven!
- Before starting to make your toast, preheat your oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Instead of using the baking tray, you can put the bread on the wire rack to make it more crispier. To prevent the melted cheese from dripping into the oven, put a tray on the lowest level.
- Before adding the toppings, you can brush the toast with a little olive oil to give it a crispy exterior.
- Pre-made pizza or pasta sauce will also work nicely if you don’t want to prepare your own pizza sauce.
- Basil and other fresh green toppings should be sprinkled after cooking if you’re using them.
- Pizza toast can be made with any kind of cheese or bread you desire.