- 2-4 Salmon Fillets
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 6-8 Cloves Of Garlic Pressed & Chopped
- 2 Shallots Thinly Sliced
- 4-6 Tomatoes Stemmed, Skinned & Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Cubanelle Or Bell Peppers Stemmed, Ribbed, Seeded & Sliced Into Strips
- 3 Tablespoons Capers Halved
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano Finely Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Parsley Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Dill Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon White Sugar
- 6-8 Fresh Basil Leaves
Season the salmon fillets with salt, black pepper, and paprika.
Sear the salmon quickly, turning after one minute a side in a skillet preheated over high heat so that the skin crisps and browns. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
Heat half a cup of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and fry until it begins to emit a pungent aroma.
Add the shallots and fry until they start showing signs of translucency.
Mix in the crushed chili flakes and stir well.
Add the slices of cubanelle or bell peppers and saute for five minutes while stirring infrequently.
Stir in the capers followed by the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and a teaspoon of sugar.
Once well mixed, add a teaspoon of salt and the tomatoes. Saute while constantly stirring for ten minutes or until the peppers start to brown lightly but are still firm.
Mix the oregano, parsley, and dill into the peperonata.
Place the salmon fillets skin side down into the skillet, depressing them between the peperonata.
Scatter the fresh basil leaves over the top and coat the fish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 15 minutes.
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 895mg | Potassium: 1113mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 4709IU | Vitamin C: 141mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 3mg