- 4 cups white cabbage sliced (300 g)
- 2 medium carrots small diced (100 g)
- 1 medium onion small diced (130 g)
- 1 medium potato medium diced (200 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 medium beetroots medium diced (600g)
- 10 sprigs of parsley chopped
- ½ tbsp tomato paste
- 1 celery stalk small diced (12 g)
- ½ red pepper medium diced (20g)
- 100 g boiled black-eyed beans drained
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 3 L water
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegan sour cream optional
Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron pot. Add the onions to the pot and cook for about 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add the beetroots, carrots, celery stalks, garlic and red peppers to the pot and continue to cook them for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add the tomato paste then mix it with vegetables.
Then add the potato and white cabbages to the pot.
Pour the vegetable stock and water into the pot.
After water is boiled, closed the lid and reduce the heat in medium-low.
Allow 45 minutes to cook. Then open the lid and add the black-eyed beans. After cooking all together for another 5 minutes, turn of the heat.
Then add the chopped parsley and stir it.
Serve with vegan sour cream if you wish.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 2414mg | Potassium: 2078mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 12904IU | Vitamin C: 139mg | Calcium: 216mg | Iron: 6mg