Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Pizza – the all-around best choice for lunch, dinner, or even breakfast (okay, okay, maybe not breakfast)! But if you follow the vegan diet, things aren’t always so simple. In fact, you may not know whether a given pizza is vegan-friendly or not.
Unfortunately, standard pizza has several non-vegan ingredients, like cheese and meat such as salami or pepperoni. That being said, plenty of restaurants are now offering vegan family pizza options, including Pieology.
That’s right – Pieology offers several vegan options you can and should check out the next time you’re hungry for a slice. Let’s break down what you can eat as a vegan on Pieology’s menu.
|Custom Vegan Pizza
|Customize with toppings/meat below
|Vegan “Beef Meatball”
|Vegan “Spicy Italian Sausage Rounds”
|Roasted Red Peppers
|Fiery Buffalo Sauce
|Garlic Herb Butter Blend
|Made with rice flour
|House-Made Red Sauce
|Sunflower-Olive Oil Blend
|Daiya Mozzarella Cheese
Creating Your Own Vegan Pizza at Pieology
At Pieology, there aren’t any premade vegan pizzas you can choose from on the menu. However, you can craft your own vegan-friendly pizza by choosing from a variety of acceptable ingredients. These include:
- Vegan crust. The crust is gluten-free, and it’s also the only gluten-free crust at Pieology. This includes Pieology’s cauliflower crust, so keep this in mind if you are gluten intolerant and are looking for a good crust choice
- Sauces like the House-Made Red, Garlic Herb Butter Blend, Fiery Buffalo, BBQ, and Sunflower-Olive Oil Blend. Each of these sauces is totally vegan friendly and don’t require any alterations or special orders on your part
- The vegan-friendly cheese, which is called Daiya Mozzarella. Note that this is Pieology’s only vegan-friendly cheese, so don’t substitute it for anything else
After choosing your crust and sauce, and deciding whether or not you will have cheese, you can also choose from tons of delicious vegan-friendly toppings and extras, including black olives, mushrooms, red onions, artichokes, garlic, pineapple, jalapenos, banana peppers, fresh basil, and much more. There are almost too many vegan-friendly toppings to count!
Last but not least, you can add two “after-bake” sauces to the top of your pizza if you so choose without breaking your vegan diet: BBQ sauce or Fiery Buffalo Sauce, both of which are also choices for the core pizza sauce.
So there you have it; all the ingredients you need to make a delicious vegan friendly pizza of your very own. The downside is that Pieology doesn’t offer any chef-made vegan pizzas, but this is still far better than pizzerias that don’t provide any vegan options whatsoever. It’s also way easier than making your own pizza from scratch.
Vegan Salads at Pieology
Pizza isn’t the only tasty thing to eat at Pieology. You can also choose to order a vegan-friendly salad. While there are several salad options to choose from, most vegans will probably want to create their own to ensure it is 100% vegan.
Let’s break down the ingredients you can find if you’re looking for a vegan-friendly salad:
- For greens, you can choose spinach, romaine hearts, or spring mix. Each of these is typically pretty fresh, so no need to worry about any wilted leaves!
- Cheese. You can pick the Daiya Mozzarella again if you so choose. Remember, this is the only vegan appropriate cheese at Pieology
- Protein. Here, Pieology really shines, since they offer three different types of protein for vegans: Beef Meatballs, Diced Chicken, and Spicy Italian Sausage Rounds. Each of these meat choices is made from plant-based protein and are 100% vegan friendly
- Lastly, you can choose from any of the toppings mentioned above and create the perfect vegan salad for your lunch or dinner
Unfortunately, none of the salad dressings at Pieology are vegan-friendly. That said, you could easily ask the chef to add olive oil or a pizza sauce to your salad as a dressing if you so choose.
Pieology Vegan Drinks
While Pieology doesn’t offer any vegan-friendly sweets or desserts, they do offer several vegan-friendly beverages. These include sodas like Coke products, tea, and various lemonade choices. All of these are vegan-friendly, which isn’t a surprise.
Pieology Vegan FAQs
Sure, namely the salads. That said, many of the salads come with non-vegan cheese or protein by default, so you’ll have to ask the chef to eliminate these options anyway. For many vegans, it will simply be more convenient (and result in a tastier lunch) if they build their own salad using the above-mentioned ingredients.
No. In fact, salad ingredients can vary from place to place or even by the season. This also applies to toppings, so if you have your heart set on a particular pizza or salad, call your local Pieology pizzeria ahead of time and see what they have to offer.
Sometimes, but it’s not as big a problem as it is at other restaurants. Pieology does use shared cooking surfaces and tools when preparing its pizzas and salads. But many of the vegan-specific ingredients, like the plant-based protein, are kept separate to avoid cross-contamination.
Therefore, vegans who want to make sure that everything they eat doesn’t come into contact with protein should find Pieology to be a suitable choice overall.
Is Pieology a Good Vegan Pizzeria?
Yes, definitely! In fact, Pieology is one of the best vegan pizzerias around. While some may consider it to be beaten by other pizzerias that offer pre-made or chef-offered vegan pizza choices, the fact that you can build your own vegan pizza or salad makes Pieology a great pick compared to its competing pie-makers.
With luck, Pieology will offer even more vegan-friendly options the future and other pizzerias will follow its lead. In the meantime, you can check out other vegan friendly menu options from your favorite restaurants by checking out our extensive collection of guides today!