Sweet & Juicy Strawberry Crepes
Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Fantastic for breakfast or brunch or even dessert, strawberry crepes are always good. The key to this recipe is using fresh plump strawberries since they are the star of the dish.
The following strawberry crepes recipe is made in two parts. First you will prepare the batter and then the creamy filling.
Some Tasty Variations
Although the recipe is delicious as it stands, you might like to change things up. Swap the strawberries for any kind of fruit you want. You can also swap the vanilla for another flavor such as coconut extract or almond extract. Orange or lime zest would work in place of the lemon.
This recipe makes 12 strawberry crepes which is enough for 6 servings. If you have any leftover crepes, you can refrigerate them (without the filling) between layers of parchment paper for a day or so. They will also freeze for up to 2 months.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sifted powdered sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- All ingredients ready? Let's begin!
- Put the eggs, water, milk, butter, and flour in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate this batter for an hour (optional but recommended!)
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Whip the cream then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Now warm a nonstick skillet or griddle over a moderate heat.
- Add a little oil or butter.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter on to the pan, tipping the pan to spread it out nice and thin.
- When the edges are golden, flip the pancake over.
- Cook the other side until golden, then transfer on to a plate covered with a clean damp towel.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until you have made 12 crepes.
- Fill each one with 1/3 cup of the filling and ¼ cup of strawberry slices.
- Roll them up and serve immediately while the strawberry crepes are still warm.
- If you have time, chill the batter for an hour before making the crepes. This makes the crepes lighter and more airy because it relaxes the gluten.
- Swap the strawberries for raspberries, blueberries or blackberries if you like. Chopped peaches would also work.
- Garnish the finished strawberry crepes with some leftover filling or whipped cream and add a strawberry (whole or sliced) on top. Another pretty garnish would be a fresh sprig of mint.
Homemade crepes are always great and strawberry crepes are perhaps the most loved version. This is a great recipe if you’re looking for new breakfast or brunch ideas for the weekend.
Get Foodie Deals
We collect great foodie-focused deals from across the web daily. Get yourself or your favorite foodie a great deal at big name stores.