How To Reheat Stromboli
Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Stromboli is an Italian American dish that is like a rolled-up pizza. Making a stromboli involves a flattened-out dough that is filled with cheese, cold cuts, and vegetables and then rolled up into a cylindrical shape. Stromboli is often confused with calzones which are folded and have different kinds of stuffing, but both are basically rolled-out dough with a savory filling.
If you are wondering how to reheat leftover stromboli, keep on reading. While many people enjoy eating cold stromboli, just like cold pizza, warm stromboli is delicious and there are a number of ways to reheat them.
How To Reheat Stromboli in the Oven
This is a great way to reheat stromboli as it gets heated thoroughly without drying the dish out or making it soggy. The best way to reheat stromboli is to first let them sit out for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking tray and place the stromboli on it and spray with a little oil.
- Put the tray in the oven and let it bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let the stromboli cool down a little before digging into it.
One of the reasons this is the best way to heat stromboli is that it comes out perfectly and evenly warmed. And the oven does not dry out the stromboli but retains its texture so that it tastes fresh. Especially if the stromboli has been baked in an oven, it makes the heating process simpler.
The biggest drawback of this method is that it is time consuming and does require a fair bit of prep.
How To Reheat Stromboli in the Toaster Oven
Just like the regular oven, the toaster oven works just as well in reheating stromboli. The toaster oven lets it heat evenly and fully and is easier to manage than the oven.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the stromboli on a lined baking tray and spray with a little bit of oil.
- Cover the stromboli in aluminum foil before putting them in the toaster oven, as this prevents them from drying out.
- If you are looking for a nice golden crust, dab some butter or oil on the stromboli first.
- Let the stromboli heat in the toaster oven for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool and enjoy.
The toaster oven method is easy and simple and the stromboli that comes out is heated up just right and has a nice crusty exterior, and perfectly warmed filling inside. Of course, getting the stromboli warmed up so well does require a bit of prep and effort but the results make it all worth it.
How To Reheat Stromboli in the Microwave
This is quick and easy, you pretty much just have to pop it in the microwave and zap it to get a nice and warm stromboli.
- Place your stromboli in a microwave-safe dish.
- Let it heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals.
You can heat the stromboli as a whole or you can also slice the stromboli up and then warm it. The microwave clearly is the fastest way to heat your stromboli, it is super quick and easy. But the downside is that the stromboli is often soggy. The exterior loses its texture a little bit in the microwave. The stromboli still tastes delicious and the dish does get warmed quickly but be aware that there will be a change in the texture.
How To Reheat Stromboli in the Air Fryer
The air fryer is one of the best ways to reheat stromboli, as it not only retains taste and texture but the stromboli taste and feels like it has been made fresh.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Place the stromboli in the air fryer basket and spray some oil on top. Make sure they are spaced out and not overcrowded or stacked on top of another.
- Let the stromboli heat for about 6-8 minutes.
- If you are reheating frozen stromboli, let them heat in the fryer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Let the stromboli cool before consuming.
Reheating it in the air fryer results in the most satisfying stromboli. The texture is perfect, and it gets heated evenly. It is also pretty quick and not as time-consuming as the oven and even simpler to do. Of course, you cannot reheat too many at once and you will have to reheat them in batches.
How To Reheat Stromboli in the Skillet
This is another simple way to reheat your leftover stromboli, just throw them on the skillet with a little oil and keep flipping them over, till they are heated evenly and thoroughly.
- Place your skillet on the stove and heat it over medium heat.
- Add some oil and spread it all over the skillet.
- Once hot, add the stromboli to the skillet, it will have a nice sizzle.
- Heat for a few minutes and then flip over.
- The stromboli will get a nice golden-brown crust.
- You can also slice the stromboli first and then heat the slices.
The best thing about heating stromboli on the skillet is that you can get it to heat just the perfect amount and you can also control how you like the crust and heat it accordingly. The skillet is a super simple and efficient way of heating stromboli. But also keep in mind that you have to watch the stromboli the whole time it is cooking in the skillet so that it doesn’t burn.
Also, remember to cook the stromboli on low or medium heat, high heat will cause the exterior to burn.
Stromboli is best when had fresh, although cold stromboli is equally delectable. If you want to enjoy stromboli for a long time proper storage is essential. Store the stromboli in the fridge as soon as possible. Wrap it in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. You can also store it in a shallow airtight container. If you are looking at freezing stromboli, then wrap the stromboli in aluminum foil and store them in an airtight container in the freezer. You can also slice the stromboli and freeze the slices in portions.
Stromboli should be refrigerated within two hours of being made, this way it retains their freshness for a long time besides reducing the risk of spoilage. Stromboli when stored properly, stays good in the fridge for about 5-7 days. Stromboli stored in the freezer will be good for about 6 months.
Get Foodie Deals
We collect great foodie-focused deals from across the web daily. Get yourself or your favorite foodie a great deal at big name stores.