Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
If you haven’t tried Cuban cuisine, then you are in for a treat. It is not to be confused with Mexican food; not all Latin food is the same. Yes, Cuban food finds its roots in a mix of cultures, but with that mix, it has come out with its very own unique taste and style that makes Cuban cuisine delicious.
- The Cuban Table: A Celebration Of Food, Flavors, And History
- Memories Of A Cuban Kitchen
- Cuban Cookbook: Authentic Cuban Recipes For Home Cooks
- Cooking The Cuban Way: Culturally Authentic Foods Including Low-fat And Vegetarian Recipes
- Cuban Cookbook: Enjoy The Taste Of 100 Traditional And New Cuban Cuisine
- The Essential Cuban Cookbook: 50 Classic Recipes
- A Taste of Cuba: A Journey Through Cuba And Its Savory Cuisine
Cuban cuisine comes from the influence of different cultures during the time when Spain colonized the island. It is a mix of Spanish, African, Caribbean, and French influences with some Asian culture infusions that are mainly seen in the town of Havana.
Cuba is known for some of its agricultural farming products, such as sugarcane and coffee, but the influences on food come from what is easily accessible from the country, which comes from cassava, citrus, potato, tropical fruits, tomatoes, plantains, and sweet peppers with rice and black beans forming their staple food.
Cuban food is always rich in flavor, which can be credited to the variety of spices used casually, where ingredients are measured and used purely based on the experience and taste of the chef.
Most books will contain some of the same recipes as these are a staple to any Cuban cookbook and pretty much the holy trinity of Cuban foods, such as the national dish Ropa Vieja, which is a slow-cooked shredded beef stew cooked in tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, and wine. The Sofrito sauce is another example of a staple dish that is the basis of most dishes.
The book is co-authored by Ana Sofia Pelaez, Cuban-American food writer, and award-winning photographer Ellen Silverman. They travel Cuba, Miami, and New York in search of authentic Cuban recipes from restaurants, professional chefs, and serious home cooks to bring you a comprehensive book on Cuban cuisine.
The Cuban Table is more than just a cookbook; it is a celebration of Cuban cuisine and authentic recipes of Spanish influences with African ingredients like recipes from the iconic Cuban sandwich to rich, soulful stews that are accompanied by vivid photography and descriptions of the recipes.
- Total Recipes: 200+
- Total Pages: 352
- Recipes Preview: Bistec De Palomilla (Cuban Fried Steak); Pargo Relleno (Stuffed Red Snapper); Moros Y Cristianos (Black Beans And Rice); Ensalada De Aguacate Y Mango (Avocado And Mango Salad); Flan De Coco (Coconut Flan)
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Ajiaco Criollo (Cuban Creole stew)
Mary Urrutia Randelman, born and bred in Cuba, recollects her childhood years as she fondly describes her love of the island and reminisces over the food that reminded her of the home she left in 1958.
Due to Randelman’s pre-Castro Cuba times, the recipes provided by her family are all economical and use readily available ingredients but still stay true to authentic Cuban Cuisine.
- Total Recipes: 30
- Total Pages: 63
- Recipes Preview: Baked Eggs In Garlic; Spicy Sweetened Cuban Mustard; Potato Vegetable Stew; Cuban-Styled Meatloaf; Vanilla Flavored Rice Pudding
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Lemon flavored roasted pork
Author of Cuban Cookbook Louise Wynn brings out authentic recipes of traditional Cuban foods that are filled page after page with some of the most popular recipes that are easy to read with step-by-step instructions to create amazing Cuban dishes right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Authors Alison Behnke and Victor Manuel Valens create a book suitable for the aspiring young chefs in the house or total beginners to cooking with this easy-to-read and follow recipe book with traditional recipes.
Providing a brief history of Cuba and the people, they explain the influences behind the foods and the traditional holidays and festivals that make Cuba so vibrant. Written and directed at the beginner cook, this book lists necessary cooking utensils and important cooking terms for any chef.
This is a great book for your young aspiring child who wants to be the chef in your kitchen and create mouth-watering dishes.
Kate Princeton Johnson brings us another fantastic book on traditional and authentic cuisine from the Island of Cuba.
The 100 recipes cover your Cuban-themed party from drinks, appetizers, breakfast, starters, main dishes, and desserts that follow traditional authentic recipes to new modern Cuban cuisine.
- Total Recipes: 50
- Total Pages: 134
- Recipes Preview: Arroz Con Pollo A La Chorrera (Yellow Rice With Chicken); Ropa Vieja (Braised Shredded Beef); Lechon Asado (Pork Roast); Croquetas De Jamon Y Chorizo (Ham And Chorizo Croquettes; Pastelitos De Guaybab Queso Crema (Guava And Cream Chees Pastries)
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Sandwich Cubano (grilled Cuban sandwich)
Patricia Morrell-Ruiz founded Mad Table, a brand that inspires people to develop their passion for cooking healthy, delicious food. Cooking instructor, chef, food stylist, and recipe developer Patty brings us a wide variety of modern Cuban recipes fueled by her Cuban heritage.
Not just a recipe book but a story that teaches us the evolution of Cuban cuisine with the influences Spanish, African, and Caribbean cultures had on Cuban food. In this book, Patty celebrates the traditions of Cuba with the rich flavors that Cuban cuisine is known for.
Cynthia Carris Alfonso has traveled to Cuba for the past 25 years, photographing and writing as a journalist with rare access to places and recipes.
In this book, she pays tribute to the Cuban spirit with historical information, photographs, and exclusive recipes from top chefs, with step-by-step instructions to make mouth-watering Cuban dishes that embrace the rich, complex flavors Cuban cuisine offers.