Best Breakfast Cookbooks
Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Breakfast is an often-neglected meal due to a lack of fresh ideas. However, we’ve got a list of inspiring breakfast cookbooks perfect for in-a-rush weekdays or lazy Sunday mornings.
So, if you’re at a loss for brekkie ideas, enjoy our eight favorite breakfast cookbooks. Each book will transform your morning into the best time of the day.
- The Fresh Eggs Daily Cookbook
- The Breakfast Bible
- Big Bad Breakfast
- Sunny-Side Up
- Let’s Make Oatmeal
- Sarabeth’s Good Morning Cookbook
- Breakfast: The Cookbook
- Ultimate Breakfast Cookbook
Treating yourself to a hearty breakfast can transform your whole day, replenishing your energy supply and giving you a new zest for life.
The breakfast cookbooks below include something for every belly. We’ve got sweet and savory breakfasts, light and heavy, thrown together in a pinch, prepared overnight, or takes all morning to create.
The Fresh Eggs Daily Cookbook
- Total Recipes: Over 100
- Total Pages: 320
- Recipes Preview: Pecan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes; Fig French Toast Sandwich; Asparagus And Parmesan Omelet; Classic French Trifold “Omelette”
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Fig French Toast Sandwich
The Fresh Eggs Daily Cookbook is written by Lisa Steele, a fifth-generation chicken farmer and the founder of the Fresh Eggs Daily blog. Lisa pens down innovative recipes filled with unique ways to cook and bake with eggs.
Lisa includes her go-to breakfast recipes like the perfect fried egg, eggs Benedict, sandwiches, and French omelets. However, instead of only focusing on yummy breakfast recipes, Lisa includes ways to make eggs a staple of each meal.
The Breakfast Bible
- Total Recipes: Over 50
- Total Pages: 128
- Recipes Preview: Omelet Soufflé; Perfect Crepes; Raspberry-Lemon Muffins; Pecan Sticky Buns; Quinoa, Butternut Squash & Kale Breakfast Bowl
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Pecan Sticky Buns
Kate McMillan has authored over a dozen cookbooks, including The Breakfast Bible. The Breakfast Bible is a comprehensive collection of classics to modern breakfast recipes.
The recipes include eggs and bacon, bread and pastries, fruits and grains, shakes, and healthful bowls. These morning favorites even include healthy, gluten-free alternatives.
Big Bad Breakfast
- Total Recipes: 137
- Total Pages: 272
- Recipes Preview: Sausage Cinnamon Rolls; Roasted Potato And Adobo Frittata; Spicy Boudin And Poached Eggs; Toasted Oatmeal Pancakes
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Creole Skillet Scramble
The Big Bad Breakfast is just one of John Currence’s strings of success. The celebrated and famous chef, restaurant owner, and author wrote this fun and festive book to celebrate and elevate the soul and rituals of authentic Southern breakfasts.
The Big Bad Breakfast is a substance-filled and witty cookbook all breakfast lovers will want to read from start to finish. John clearly reflects that breakfast isn’t only the most important but the most delicious meal of the day with his 137 approachable Southern-style recipes. John makes the “bad” pretty damn great!
- Total Recipes: Over 100
- Total Pages: 240
- Recipes Preview: Grapefruit Pistachio Cakes; Almond Frangipane Pear Baked French Toast; Avocado Pineapple Smoothies; Goat Cheese Frittatas; Breakfast Strata
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Almond Frangipane Pear Baked French Toast
Sunny-Side Up is written by the famous pastry chef Waylynn Lucas and aimed at helping home cooks create restaurant-quality breakfasts and brunches. She focuses on making her recipes approachable and less complicated to ensure anyone can whip up a delightful breakfast.
Waylynn’s recipes range from simplistic scrambled eggs to full-on champagne brunches. Sunny-Side Up is split into sections with playful names, allowing her fun personality to radiate through the book.
Let’s Make Oatmeal
- Total Recipes: 40
- Total Pages: 114
- Recipes Preview: Caramelized Pear Oatmeal; Instant Oatmeal Coffee; Baklava Oatmeal; Cherry Pie Oatmeal Bowl; Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Shake
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Cherry Pie Oatmeal Bowl
Let’s Make Oatmeal: 40 Oat-Rageously Oat-Standing Recipes is a cookbook entirely dedicated to the underrated breakfast classic – oats. The author, Christina Tosch, includes deliciously sweet and savory, served hot and cold.
Inside Let’s Make Oatmeal, you’ll find 40 classic and modern oat-based recipes that take minimal time to prepare. Note that not all the recipes are breakfast-based.
Sarabeth’s Good Morning Cookbook
- Total Recipes: Over 150
- Total Pages: 282
- Recipes Preview: Fluffy Scrambled Eggs; Coffee Cakes; Sticky Buns; Morning Cookies; Signature Pancakes
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Signature Pancakes
Sarabeth Levine is a best-selling author, restaurateur, and outstanding pastry chef. There’s a good reason her eponymous Now York restaurant (and its Florida and Japan outposts) have lines that wind around the building’s block. Fortunately, her cookbook delivers delightfully.
You are in for a treat with Sarabeth’s beautiful signature dishes made home cook-friendly in her cookbook. Sarabeth’s Good Moring Cookbook is a comprehensive breakfast guide with over 150 classic morning and brunch recipes. These recipes are designed for home cooks to master, including techniques and tips to ensure entertaining guests is an effortless yet classy affair.
Breakfast: The Cookbook
- Total Recipes: 380
- Total Pages: 464
- Recipes Preview: Rice Porridge With Pork Meatballs; Chinese Pineapple Buns; Scottish Morning Rolls; American Scones
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Chinese Pineapple Buns
Emily Elyse Miller is a writer, culinary consultant, and founder of the BreakfastClub global event series. Her “Breakfast: The Cookbook” includes a comprehensive breakfast guide filled with authentic morning recipes from across the globe.
The cookbook is simplistic yet impressively broad, offering regional, feel-good breakfast dishes filled with culinary insight and culture. There is truly no cookbook that will expand your breakfast horizons like Emily’s 464-page cookbook.
Ultimate Breakfast Cookbook
- Total Recipes: Over 450
- Total Pages: 817
- Recipes Preview: Southwestern Quiche; Blueberry Sausage Biscuit Bake; Confetti Omelet Casserole; Cherry Almond Mini Muffins; Apricot Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- The Best Recipe We Want To Try: Apricot Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Ultimate Breakfast Cookbook by the life-long Southerner S.L Watson is a cookbook that includes over 450 unique breakfast recipes. The yummy cookbook features easy-to-make recipes and fun weekend recipes that you can prepare beforehand.
Make breakfast time a fun activity in your home by experimenting with these Southern-rich recipes. These recipes are all beginner-friendly, and ingredients can easily be substituted.
Get Foodie Deals
We collect great foodie-focused deals from across the web daily. Get yourself or your favorite foodie a great deal at big name stores.