Easy Vampiros Tacos
Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
This mouthwatering Mexican street snack is famously named Vampiros because the tortilla is shaped like a batwing after being toasted or grilled. Let’s learn how to make this rich recipe.
For the Marinade:
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
For the Sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 chipotle peppers finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb flank steak
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup Pico de Gallo
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- ½ cup fresh coriander chopped
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Assemble your ingredients together before you begin.
- In a large bowl, add and whisk all the marinade ingredients.
- Add the flank steak into a Ziploc and transfer the marinade from the bowl to Ziploc bag. Marinate for 8 hours.
- In another bowl, whisk all the sauce ingredients. Set aside once done.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Add the marinated steaks and cook until desired doneness. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Slice the steaks against grain.
- Heat the same pan and place one tortilla, sprinkle some cheddar cheese. Cover the tortilla with another tortilla. Remove from heat and place on a plate.
- Top the tortilla with steaks, guacamole, Pico de Gallo, cotija cheese, vampiros sauce, and coriander leaves. Serve immediately.
Notes & Tips
- These should be consumed immediately as the juicy filling makes the tortilla too mushy if not eaten right away. Also part of why it’s so good.
- You can use other kinds of tortilla wrap like flour tortilla or whole grain tortilla if corn tortilla is not available.
- Coconut aminos can be used instead of soy sauce to make this soy-free.
- You can grill or use panini grill in assembling tacos for toastier flavor.
Get Foodie Deals
We collect great foodie-focused deals from across the web daily. Get yourself or your favorite foodie a great deal at big name stores.