Got some Chicken Tikka ready to go or maybe left overs? Why not make a pizza with it. Chicken Tikka Pizza is about 84% more delicious than you think it would be. The spices in the chicken tikka and cheese marry very well, delivering a delicious punch of flavor for every bite in this pizza. Let’s learn how to make this.
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2- inch ginger minced
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pounds chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 6- inch pizza dough
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Assemble your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place all the ingredients: garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, paprika, salt, and red pepper flakes in a food processor. Pulse until they have the smooth texture.
- Over medium heat, heat a pan and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook until they are brown.
- Stir in tomato paste until chicken is coated with it.
- Lower the heat and add the Greek yogurt. Mix it until well combined. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the pizza by this order: chicken, tomatoes, and cheese. Bake it for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Cut the pizza into 8 slices using pizza cutter and garnish it with parsley.
Notes & Tips
- Save a step of cooking and just use leftover Chicken Tikka if you got it.
- This Indian recipe is perfect for lunch, dinner, and even snacks.
- This recipe can be spicy so just lessen the garam masala and red chili flakes if you prefer it less spicy.
- You can bake it longer if you want the crust to be extra crispy and toasted or even put it under a broiler for 30 seconds to 90 seconds (watch it though!).
- Make sure you spread ingredients evenly on top of the pizza dough so it won’t dry out or get over cooked.
- You can use store-bought pizza dough or crust if you don’t want to make the pizza dough from scratch.
- You can also try a pizza crust made with whole wheat, cauliflower crust or broccoli crust which would pair well with the spices.