Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
This is the classic Chicken Tikka recipe. Chicken Tikka is a hand-friendly food making it perfect for events of all types. The rich Indian spices and flavors will keep you coming back for more. Let’s learn how to make this.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast boneless and skinless, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp butter melted
- 1 cup red onions quartered
- 1 cup capsicum cut into cubes
- 1 cup baby corn
For the First Marinade:
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
For the Second Marinade:
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp Tandoori masala
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Assemble the ingredients together and make sure you have everything.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the first marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for 1 hour.
- In another bowl, mix all the second marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, thread the chicken, onions, capsicum, and baby corn using bamboo skewers.
- Place the chicken on a foiled baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes per side. Brush it with melted butter while baking.
Notes & Tips
- It’s great to serve with rice, tortilla, or pita bread, or just on a stick.
- The richness of this recipe is balanced well with any yogurt sauce or sour cream.
- If you have time, it is best to marinate the chicken longer (overnight or longer) so that the chicken will absorb flavors.
- Wash and soak the bamboo skewers in water before threading the chicken. This will avoid the chicken in sticking to the bamboo skewers.
- You can cover the chicken with another foil once baking is done to cook further.
- For a more flavorful recipe, you can use boneless/skinless chicken thighs to amp it up a bit with the extra fat.
- You can also use metal skewers instead of bamboo skewers but don’t bite too hard!
- You can also thread the chicken so when you are ready, it will be faster to prepare it for your meals.
- You can include other veggies like mushrooms, zucchini, and tomatoes if you don’t want it to be so heavy on the meat.
- You can use regular chili powder if kashmiri red chili powder is unavailable.
- You can also grill them if you have a grill pan.