Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Mexican? American? Tex-Mex? Who cares?! Nachos are a worldwide favorite! These crunchy tortilla chips are lathered in gooey melted cheese and tasty toppings – they are truly versatile, comforting, and easy to share. However, the versatility can leave us perplexed about where to find the “good stuff.”
You can find the tasty nachos by scanning through user-generated review sites like Yelp, GrubHub, or Uber Eats. According to reviews, the best restaurant and takeout chains for nachos are Qdoba Mexican Eats, Taco Bell, Yard House, Moe’s Southwest Grill, and Twin Peaks.
After reading countless reviews, hearing feedback from locals, and searching the internet, we found the top spots to get your hands dirty with a delicious nachos dish.
Know How To Search For Good Nachos Near You
Before providing the list of the best places to get nachos from (which is what you’re really after), we’re will touch on how to use online directories to your advantage to find the best nachos near you.
We recommend using online directories to help filter the best nachos restaurants and takeaways based on locals’ and tourists’ reviews. Our top three recommendations include:
- Uber Eats
Yelp is one of the largest online directories and user-generated review sites, averaging over 178 million unique visitors monthly across its mobile, desktop, and app versions.
You can use Yelp to help you find the best local restaurant for nachos. The directory also includes legit reviews from previous customers.
Here’s how to find the best nachos in your area using Yelp:
- Sign up or log in to Yelp
- Select your current location or address and the cuisine or food item you’re interested in – in this case, Mexican or nachos
- Browse through the recommended restaurants. You can read the menu, reviews, and ratings.
- Pay a visit to your choice of restaurant to quench your hunger or order the nachos for delivery.
GrubHub is another online business directory for restaurants. However, it is also a hybrid delivery service. The directory has over 30 million active customers purchasing through the app monthly.
Grubhub partners with various restaurants, ranging from nationwide takeout chains to popular neighborhood restaurants. The broad selection of restaurants is guaranteed to satisfy just about any food craving.
GrubHub allows you to find yummy nachos by filtering the restaurants that deliver locally and providing a list of pickup restaurants near you. Simply enter your town’s zip code and search for the restaurant or menu item. Alternatively, scroll through the recommendations by the city to find the best nachos takeout chains and restaurants.
GrubHub also provides access to reviews, special deals, coupons, and exceptional customer care.
Here’s how to enjoy nachos using GrubHub:
- Log in or sign up with GrubHub.
- Enter your zip code or address.
- Simply search “nachos” using the search GrubHub bar. Alternatively, filter the cuisine options to Fast Food, American, or Mexican for a peek at possible restaurants selling nachos.
- Decide if you’re interested in pick up or delivery.
- Order, pay, and enjoy!
Uber Eats isn’t a directory and online food ordering and delivery platform that connects you with hundreds of local restaurants, eateries, and merchants. You can enjoy having your favorite food delivered to your doorstep at the tap of a button.
You can download the app and scroll through the list of restaurants for some inspiration. Alternatively, search for a particular cuisine or food chain.
Uber Eats users can access menus, reviews, and ratings for participating restaurants.
To find nachos using Uber Eats, follow these straightforward steps:
- Login in or sign up to Uber Eats
- Select the country and city you live
- Explore the food categories. You’ll typically find takeouts or restaurants with tasty nachos in the Mexican, American, and Fast-Food categories.
- Keep an eye out for the ratings on the bottom left-hand corner.
- Select a restaurant that includes nachos in their menu
- Order, pay, and enjoy!
You can also browse Uber Eats’ independence restaurants by category to find the best nachos in your area.
Top 5 Nachos Recommendations
Letting you in on the top nacho takeouts and restaurants is tricky. The varieties and toppings are endless, ranging from traditional to extravagant and downright queer, simplistic and minimal to ones with over ten toppings, and vegetarian to meat lovers.
Nachos are challenging to mess up – you’ll seldomly be disappointed ordering a plate of nachos. So, we’re mentioning the top five nachos restaurants and takeouts, according to reviews. However, this should not limit you to trying them at a local eatery.
1. Qdoba Mexican Eats
Qdoba Mexican Eats has over 750 fast-casual restaurant locations spread across the United States. The chain offers delicious Mexican dishes in an upscale, fast-food setting, whipping up fresh, mouth-watering meals from scratch.
Qdoba’s 3-Cheese Nachos is a fun, delicious finger food perfect for sharing!
You can load your cheese-drenched tortilla chips in proteins including Ground Beef, Hot and Sweet Chicken, Grilled Steak, Smoked Brisket, and Pulled Pork. Then, get creative with salsas and a mountain of fresh toppings like Cilantro, Chilies, Tomatoes, Pickled Red Onions, Hand-Crafted Guacamole, and Pickled Jalapeños, Cotija Cheese, Shredded Cheese, and Sour Cream.
Best yet, these nachos aren’t the least bit watery. Instead, Qdoba’s chips stay crunchy because the ingredients are all freshly added to your order.
You can use GrubHub or Uber Eater to get delivered to your door, pay a visit with a couple of friends, order a bunch of unique nacho dishes, and enjoy sharing!
2. Taco Bell
Taco Bell fast food has over 7,000 locations in the United States, spread across all 50 states. So, no matter your area, you’re bound to find one in your state.
Taco Bell offers a fully customizable Nachos menu. You can opt for a simplistic vegetarian option of Chips and Nacho Cheese Sauce. However, we recommend going all out and ordering a Nachos Supreme or Nachos BellGrande Box with a big old pile of fresh ingredients and mouth-watering sauces.
The Nachos BellGrande is the number one choice. The tortilla chips are packed with seasoned beef, refried beans, reduced fat sour cream, nacho cheese sauce, and diced tomatoes.
If you don’t feel like getting off the couch, use GrubHub or Uber Eater to order nachos for the Saturday game.
3. Yard House
Yard House, the American sports bar chain, has the world’s largest Draft Beer selection and is spread across over 80 locations in the United States.
Although a Draft Beer chain, Yard House offers some of the best classic American dishes made from scratch. Poke Nachos and Chicken Nachos are both a winner at Yard House.
The Poke Nachos are topped with delectable toppings, including Marinated Raw Ahi, Crispy Wontons, Avocado, Cilantro, Green Onions, Serranos, White Truffle Sauce, Sweet Soy Ginger Sauce, Sriracha Aïoli, Nori, and Sesame Seeds.
Then, their mouth-watering Chicken Nachos Pinto Beans, Tomato, Cilantro, Onions, Crushed Avocado, Sour Cream, Cheddar, Monterey Jack, House Pickled Jalapenos, Guajillo Chile, Chipotle, and Tomatillo Pepper Sauces.
Both GrubHub and Uber Eater are ideal for ordering nachos. However, we’d recommend pairing it with an ice-cold Draft Beer.
4. Moe’s Southwest Grill
Yelp customers constantly boast about the delicious Mexican cuisine served at Moe’s Southwest Grill.
This Tex-Mex restaurant offers make-your-own nacho kits that serve a family of 4 to 6, or you can order a nacho plate for one. The nachos are drenched In liquid white gold – no chip is left naked!
You can choose two types of protein. Then get creative with Moe’s Pico de gallo, Guacamole, Salsa, and gooey grated cheese.
If you’re hungry and leaving the couch isn’t an option, build a unique plate of nachos and get it delivered by Grubhub or Uber Eats.
5. Twin Peaks
You can find Twin Peaks in 26 states and over 80 different locations.
Twin Peak has a lot more to offer than your typical sports bar. The lodge serves its signature 29° beer accompanied by forest-to-table comfort food. Of course, the nachos are a must-try!
The Double Stacked Nachos are packed with Refried Beans, Pickled Jalapenos, Cilantro, Sour Cream, Pico de gallo, Avocado smash, Melted Cheddar, Chipotle Queso, and your choice of Smoked Chicken, Pulled Pork, and Brisket.
Enjoy unwinding in Twin Peak’s lively environment while indulging in their nachos and beer served at a signature 29°F.
Yummy Nachos – What To Look For
Contemplating what to look for to enjoy the best plate of nachos differs time and again based on individual preferences.
Traditional nachos are simplistic with an honest, irresistible clash of flavors of barely salted tortilla chips, melted cheese with a slightly bitter bite, and a briny, jalapeño punch. However, modern-day nachos are over-the-top, messy, saucy, and provoke an “I can’t stop at one” feeling when you take a bite.
Whether you prefer traditional or modern-day nachos, there are a few must-haves for them to be unforgettable:
- Crunchy tortilla chips
- Copious amounts of cheese
- Chile or salsa
Tips For The Best Nachos Tortilla Chips
Tortilla chips may seem pretty straightforward; however, they are the ultimate “make or break” of a memorable plate of nachos. Some chips are crumbly, crunchy, sturdy, thin, brittle, etc.
You’re looking for an extra crunchy chip with a dense and sturdy texture to scoop up the delicious fresh toppings. In addition, a lightly salted chip allows all the other flavors to shine – I’d like to think of it as a “must-have.”
Then, “dip-ability” is crucial! The tortilla chips need to be made for dipping. They also need to hold up queso and a mountain of fresh toppings.
If you’re planning on creating a masterpiece at home, my top store-bought tortilla chip recommendations include:
- Santitas Tortilla Chips: Santitas produces a chip with a sturdy, grainy texture and even surface, allowing it to stand up to anything thrown on them – and they taste delicious doing it! In addition, its strong corn presence and light saltiness allow all your mountain of nachos toppings to shine.
- Calidad Tortilla Chips: Calidad chips are generally at a budget price point and ideal for creating sheet pans of DIY nachos. These classic triangular chips have a thick and extra crunchy texture, perfect for a pile of hefty toppings. However, they might be a bit too much on the salty side.
- Tostitos Tortilla Chips: Tostitos chips are the perfect balance of corn flavor and saltiness. They boast a large, sturdy surface area ideal for dipping and nacho toppings. The Tostitos Scoops feature a similar well-balanced flavor, but their scooping shape makes them even better for dipping into salsa, cheese sauces, and dips.
The Cheese Definitely Matters Too!
The best cheese for nachos should have three main traits:
- Easy to melt
- A robust flavor
- It should taste great with or without other toppings
Excluding the obvious queso cheese sauce that belongs on every plate of nachos, our top three cheese recommendations for the best nachos include:
- Pepper/Monterey Jack: Monterey Jack is mild, aged, and semi-soft cheese. Its buttery flavors and excellent melting properties makes it perfect for nachos. Pepper Jack is a spicier alternative loaded with chili, bell peppers, garlic, and rosemary.
- Cheddar: Cheddar reigns as probably the most popular cheese for nachos. Young or unaged cheddar cheese has a low melting point and a rich and creamy taste. In addition, sharp cheddar has a bit of tang – it’s the closest thing to “stadium nachos.”
- American Cheese: American cheese consists of a blend of cheeses, including cheddar, Colby cheese, washed cheese curd, and granular cheese. American cheese’s mild flavor and silky-smooth texture are perfect for melting over nachos.
Don’t Forget The Toppings
The sky is the limit regarding nachos toppings.
Don’t overcomplicate nachos. Get hold of extra crunchy chips, tons of gooey cheese, and spoonfuls of warm queso.
Lean into one, maybe two proteins – think Ground Beef, Pulled Pork, Ground Turkey, Steak Strips, Fried Beans, etc.
Then, add dollops of guacamole or cubed avocado, sour cream, and salsa or pico de gallo. And top the dish off with a fresh and crisp balance of toppings like jalapeños, green onions, olives, julienned radishes, lettuce, green cabbage, and tomatoes.
Tasty Nachos Are Closer Than You Think
You can get great-tasting nachos from nearby restaurants, sports bars, and famous takeout chains. Apps or websites like Yelp, GrubHub, and Uber Eats make life simple with honest reviews and optional delivery.
However, if you feel creative and up for the challenge, get a packet of crunchy tortilla chips from the supermarket and dress them in queso, protein, and lots of fresh toppings.