Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Chicken Sisig brings Filipino flavor to your table with ease. It is usually served in the Philippines as “pulutan” which means an accompaniment to alcoholic drinks. Sisig is commonly served as sizzling hot dish which makes it perfect for an impressive dinner or a late night out. Let’s learn how to make it.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups ground chicken cooked
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 120 grams chicken liver cooked
- ½ white onion chopped
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 serrano peppers sliced
- Red chilies to serve, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Add the metal plate and heat it for 10-15 minutes.
- Over medium heat, heat a pan and add oil. Add and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Now, add the chicken until they are warmed through. Season it with soy sauce. Remove from heat.
- Using the same pan, add the chicken liver and cook for 2 minutes or until a little crispy. Remove from the pan and drain it. Chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, liver, onions, serrano peppers, and calamansi juice. Toss the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Stir in mayonnaise and season it with salt and black pepper.
- Carefully place the hot metal plate over the wooden board. Then, transfer the chicken mixture to the hot plate. Stir it while hot and serve with more chilies if you like.
Notes & Tips
- Make sure to heat the metal plate and be extra careful when getting them.
- Always precook the chicken or any meats that you will use. Sisig is best when they are serving as sizzling.
- Add the chicken liver last and don’t overmix it as it can crumble the chicken liver.
- If you don’t prefer chicken, you can always replace it with other meats like pork, beef, turkey or even fish.
- If you don’t have metal plate, this can also be prepared using oven safe skillet.
- You can replace calamansi juice with lime juice or lemon juice.
- This recipe is also perfect with steamed rice or veggies.
- Adding eggs on top is common. Commonly while the plate is still hot, one will add an egg and mix it all together while the egg cooks.
- You can add some texture with chicharrons as a topping.