Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
The tangy flavor of ranch dressing pairs beautifully with the neutral taste of chicken. Double ranch fried chicken is made with dried ranch seasoning along with ranch flavored chips.
Some similar recipes call for the chicken to be dipped in prepared ranch dressing, although here dry ranch seasoning is used instead which cuts down on the fat and calories. Oven-frying is also healthier than deep-frying and the resulting chicken will come out supremely juicy.
Panko is a Japanese style breadcrumb made by baking coarse breadcrumbs. Although it’s usually used on deep-fried recipes it works perfectly to add both flavor and crunch to the chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 6 ounces Doritos Cool Ranch chips
- Cooking spray as needed
- All ingredients ready? Let's begin!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine half the ranch seasoning with all the flour in a dish.
- Beat the egg in another dish.
- Crush the chips in a food processor until fine in texture.
- Mix the crushed chips with the other half of the ranch seasoning and the panko in another dish.
- Dip each chicken thigh in the flour mixture and then the egg and then the crushed chips mixture.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear and the chicken is 165 degrees F in the center.
What To Serve with Baked Ranch Chicken
Whatever you like to have with fried chicken you should also enjoy with double ranch fried chicken. Suggestions include coleslaw, baked potatoes, fries, onion rings, baked beans, bean salad, collard greens, mashed potatoes, potato salad, corn on the cob, and hush puppies.
- You can use any type of ranch flavored chips in place of the Doritos.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet, else chicken juices might run off and make a mess in the oven.
- If the chicken thighs are 4 ounces each they will take about 35 minutes to cook, but adjust the cooking time if they are much different in weight.
- Leftovers will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator and can be reheated in about 15 minutes in a 400 degrees F oven.
- If you prefer to fry the chicken, it will take about 20 minutes to cook in a deep skillet with the oil at 350 degrees F. Drain it well on paper towels before serving.
Double ranch fried chicken is so better than any takeout fried chicken. Panko breadcrumbs and crushed chips add so much crunch to the outside while ranch seasoning adds a herby, tangy flavor to the chicken. Using chicken thighs instead of chicken breast yields a juicier result, although you can use chicken breast instead if you prefer that.