Best One Pan Quinoa with Ground Turkey
Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ onion medium diced
- ⅓ cup red & yellow pepper medium diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 200 g ground turkey
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ cup quinoa soaked, rinsed, and drained
- 3 tbsp sweet corn
- ¼ cup passata
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup boiled red kidney beans drained
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions to the pan and saute until it gets translucent. Add the garlic and pepper to the pan, saute for a few minutes.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan. Saute them until the ground turkey is mostly cooked.
- Add the spices, quinoa, corn, passata, and water to the pan and mix them together.
- Close the lid and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the quinoa absorbs all the liquid, add the boiled red kidney beans, cook until just heated, and turn off the heat.
- Serve after resting for about 10 minutes.
Tips, Notes, and Substitutes:
It’s a hearty and filling meal that is also low in calories and fat. Here are a few tips to make this dish even better:
- Add some vegetables to the dish for extra nutrition and color. Frozen peas and carrots are a great option.
- Top with shredded cheese or a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt before serving.
- You can use any kind of bean you want in this recipe. Black or black-eyed bean is also suitable for this recipe.
- Soak in hot water and rinse the quinoa over and over before cooking to remove any bitterness.
- You can use frozen veggies, but this will make a big difference in the flavor of your dish.
- You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
- You can substitute the recipe’s water with chicken or vegetable stock.
Get Foodie Deals
We collect great foodie-focused deals from across the web daily. Get yourself or your favorite foodie a great deal at big name stores.