Why is this recipe interesting?
- Prepared in a matter of minutes, vegan popcorn is a healthy snack. It is dairy-free and gluten-free which makes your munching guilt-free.
- This recipe is a great butter-free popcorn recipe as it perfectly mimics the taste of butter thanks to the oil and nutritional yeast.
Easy, simple and delicious vegan-friendly popcorn.Print Pin
- 75 g popcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- 10 g garlic powder
- 15 g nutritional yeast
- In a large pot, add oil and let it heat on high. When the oil reaches its smoke point, add 2-3 kernels and see of they pop.
- If the kernels pop, add all the kernels and cover the pan with a lid. Lower the heat to medium to avoid burning.
- Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan. After there’s an even layer of popcorn kernels, avoid adding more.
- Shake the pot with the lid on. Once the popcorn kernels start popping continue shaking in between.
- When the popcorn starts popping rapidly, tilt the lid slightly to let the steam out of the pan.
- Once the popping stops, turn off the heat and add seasoning.
- Toss gently to mix well. Serve warm in a bowl.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 2mg
Notes & Tips
- Substitute coconut oil with any neutral oil with a high smoking point.
- One tip to make the popcorn even tastier is to add a pinch of your favorite spice mix in the popcorn and toss to mix.
- Oil is not optional when you’re making popcorn on the stove top.
- Add garlic powder or any other seasoning at the end and toss to mix well. It will avoid the burning of garlic powder.
- Don’t miss nutritional yeast if you want to mimic the buttery cheesy flavor.