Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
This is a flavorful chilli fritter made by coating large green chillies with a batter of chickpea flour and spices.They make for a great snack or a perfect side dish.
- 6 large green chillies
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 5 g cayenne pepper powder
- 10 g cumin powder
- 5 g turmeric powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- 5 g curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed to make a think batter
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients like chickpea flour, spices, salt and baking soda and mix well. Add water little by little to make a smooth thick batter.
- Slit the green chillies and remove the seeds using a small spoon.
- Dip the green chilli in the batter coating it evenly
- Fry the coated chillies until golden brown. Turn it over and fry the other side until golden brown as well.
Notes & Tips
- Use large green chillies which are not hot to make this dish.
- The batter must be whisked properly so that no lumps are formed.
- The batter must not be runny but thick so that it coats well on the chilli.
- You can also fill the green chillies with spiced potato or tofu filling before coating them with the batter.
- Add some rice flour or cornflour to make the pakoda more crispy.