This is a quick and easy under 30 minute meal that is loaded with flavor. The miso, curry and coconut mix together to create a trifecta of flavor. Let’s learn how to make this Thai influenced recipe.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 tbsp ginger minced
- 5 garlic cloves sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup white miso
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 6 oz green beans trimmed
- 1 lb salmon skins removed, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Steamed rice optional
- Fresh basil optional
- Fresh cilantro optional
- Make sure you have all the right ingredients together.
- Over medium heat, heat a pan and add olive oil.
- Add and sauté onions, ginger, and garlic for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in white miso, broth, coconut milk, and fish sauce. Bring it to a boil and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salmon and let it cook for 15 minutes. Then, add green beans and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with steamed rice or steamed vegetables.
Notes & Tips
- Make sure that the salmon is boneless and skinless and cut into smaller chunks for evenly cooking.
- Try adding cinnamon to the spice mix if you really want to amp up the flavor, not too much though.
- If white miso is not available, you can substitute any of the other types of miso.
- You can also use fish or vegetable stock as alternative broths. And of course water but perhaps add some salt or soy sauce to add flavor.
- You can use other kinds of fish but ideally another oily/fatty fish.
- If you are looking for what to serve this with try serving with rice, rice noodles, or even with steamed vegetables.